Gollwitzer Gold (part 2): More gleanings from Twitter

Some of you, gentle readers, may remember when I previously posted a collection of Gollwitzer quotes that I had shared on Twitter. Well, Gollwitzer died today 23 years ago, in 1993. And so I have gathered another assortment of #Golli tweets for you all as a way to commemorate his passing into the ecclesia triumphans.

Update: I have published a book on Gollwitzer! Click on the title to order your copy: Our God Loves Justice: An Introduction to Helmut Gollwitzer.

I give you the following without further ado and in honor of Gollwitzer's life and thought.

By Stiftung Haus der Geschichte (2001_03_0275.4240) [CC BY-SA 2.0],
via Wikimedia Commons




































And how's this for a little gem with which to conclude?



Now, I realize that I'm one of the few people who read Gollwitzer. Perhaps you can tell that I'm trying to change that. So if you have also discovered the power and vitality of Gollwitzer's life and theology, and the deep relevance of his work for our own time, I invite you to write a note in the comments section. That would, indeed, be a truly fitting monument to Golli. Besides, I'd love to hear from you and know that there are others out there!


==================================


Subscribe to Die Evangelischen Theologen

Comments

Well, you already know I'm "out there" -- in more ways than one! :-) At any rate, I'm intrigued by the story behind the photo. It looks like a courtroom. Do you know what's going on?
jonny said…
His "Das hohe Lied der Liebe" completely changed my views on sexual ethics, having grown up in an evangelical home. I actually haven't read anything else of his though.
Scott, how could I not know that you're "out there" in all possible ways?!?! ;-)

Unfortunately, I have no idea about the context of the photo.

Jonny, isn't that a wonderful little text? I ruminate on it from time to time. In many ways, it catches a great deal of Golli's essence.

Popular Posts

So, You Want To Read Karl Barth?

So You Want to Read….Dietrich Bonhoeffer?

2010 KBBC: Week 1, Day 5

2010 KBBC: Week 3, Day 1

Karl Barth on Hell, the Devil, Demons, and Universalism – A Florilegium